Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue'
An eye-catching shrub, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue' has rounded heads of pink or metallic blue flowers (depending on your soil pH) from mid summer to early autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An eye-catching shrub, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue' has rounded heads of pink or metallic blue flowers (depending on your soil pH) from mid summer to early autumn. These flowers stand out well against the lush, dark green foliage.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue' is an eye-catching shrub suitable for a position in sun or shade!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink or metallic blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
Please be aware that the water supply on our nursery is alkaline and frequently our blue flowering Hydrangea varieties will have pinkish or purple flowers when they arrive with you, despite having been grown in an acidic compost. This colour will continue for several months after planting before changing to reflect the new soil conditions in your garden.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer