Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst'
(Oak-leaved Hydrangea) Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is a rare, medium sized shrub with oak-like leaves and flowers heads in late summer which are cream in colour when they emerge, gradually turning dark amethyst red as they age.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A lovely rare shrub with upright heads of creamy-white flowers which turn to dark amethyst red as they age in late summer. The lovely colour of the flowers stands out well against the green oak-like leaves. Later on in autumn the leaves can turn good shades of purple and red before falling.
Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is an excellent shrub for a position in sun or light shade, also looking good as port of a woodland border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Notes: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is an excellent companion plant for other Hydrangea and is highly suitable for group planting.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot
You might also like