Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire'
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' is a shrub with magnificent heads of pure-white flowers which flush to green as they mature.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' has magnificent heads of pure-white flowers which flush to green as they mature. In our opinion this is similar to Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' but with a slightly more green hue to the flowers.
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' looks excellent when planted in groups as part of a sunny border and usually flowers reliably as a young plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / or up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / or up to 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) if pruned yearly
- Pruning: Prune back to a bud, 30 - 40 cm above the ground each March. This will keep the plant from getting to large and increase the size of the flower heads.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £15.00Regular price £18.50 -10% New Price Each £16.65
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £45.00
- On sale!
New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £35.00