Hydrangea macrophylla 'Mariesii Perfecta'
(Hydrangea) Previously known as Hydrangea macrophylla 'Blue Wave', this is a popular shrub with lush green leaves and rich-blue (or pink depending on your soil pH), flattened flower heads in late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Previously known as Hydrangea macrophylla 'Blue Wave', this is a popular shrub with lush green leaves and rich-blue (or pink depending on your soil pH), flattened flower heads in late summer. The leaves can turn attractive shades or purple or red before falling in autumn which often coincides with the last of the flowers (as shown in the photo - plant grown in neutral pH soil hence flowers are purple/pink).
Lovely and easy to grow, this is suitable for most gardens or woodland areas and looks great when planted in groups!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Mariesii Perfecta' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: The flowers will be a lilac-blue colour in acidic soils and turn purple or pink on neutral or slightly alkali soils. This was formerly called Hydrangea macrophylla 'Blue Wave'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like