(Mexican Climbing Hydrangea) Hydrangea seemanii is a superb evergreen climber with lush green leaves and clusters of pure white flowers in summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Lovely, evergreen climber with eye-catching flowers that is remarkably hardy considering it was introduced to the United Kingdom from Mexico. Hydrangea seemanii is self supporting and has dark green, leathery leaves. Once established it develops large, very pretty, lace-cap, creamy-white flowers in late summer.
Hydrangea seemanii is a fantastic choice of climber for a shady position or wall, including north facing sites and other difficult areas!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea seemanii grows to be a medium sized, self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Hydrangea seemanii is particularly suitable for growing against a shady, north facing wall and also makes an unusual ground cover plant if grown without support.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft), Climber - Small (under 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like