Hosta fortunei var. albopicta
(Plantain Lily) A lovely plant, Hosta fortunei var albopicta is at its best when first emerging in spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely plant, Hosta fortunei var albopicta is at its best when first emerging in spring. The narrow heart shaped leaves are 20-25 cm long, creamy yellow with an irregular margin of dark green. The lighter inner leaf colour slowly fades to a soft mid green.
Narrow spikes of tubular lilac flowers standing above the foliage are produced in midsummer.
- Position: Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hosta fortunei var albopicta grows to be a low, clump forming perennial.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Variegated, Suitable for Containers