Hosta fortunei var. albopicta
(Plantain Lily) A lovely plant, Hosta fortunei var albopicta is at its best when first emerging in spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely plant, Hosta fortunei var albopicta is at its best when first emerging in spring. The narrow heart shaped leaves are 20-25 cm long, creamy yellow with an irregular margin of dark green. The lighter inner leaf colour slowly fades to a soft mid green.
Narrow spikes of tubular lilac flowers standing above the foliage are produced in midsummer.
- Position: Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hosta fortunei var albopicta grows to be a low, clump forming perennial.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
- On sale!