(Bleeding Heart) An exquisite plant, Dicentra spectabilis has lovely red heart-shaped flowers with white tips which trail from arching flower stems in late spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An exquisite plant, Dicentra spectabilis has lovely red heart-shaped flowers with white tips which trail from arching flower stems in late spring. The leaves are mid green in colour.
Dicentra spectabilis grows well in either full sun or light dappled shade and generally enjoys a moist soil. They do not enjoy having disturbed roots and so once planted should be left to their own devices.
Young plants may require staking in windy gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dicentra spectabilis grows to be a small to medium sized clump forming perennial with arching flower stems.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 40 cm (1 ½ ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like