- Sold Out
(Seven Son Flower of Zheijiang) Heptacodium miconioides is a handsome and unusual shrub native to parts of China with long lasting clusters of white flowers in autumn.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A handsome and unusual shrub native to parts of China with long lasting clusters of white flowers in autumn. Heptacodium miconioides has attractive, glossy, dark green leaves with deeply marked veins and fantastic, lightly scented clusters of seven white flowers throughout late summer and early autumn.
These flowers are very pretty, popular with insects and butterflies and make Heptacodium particularly valuable as a late flowering plant! Once established, the bark is also eye-catching, with the mature bark becoming grey, while the younger growth is a very dark red. A reliable and easy to grow garden plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August to early October depending on weather.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Heptacodium miconioides grows to be a large shrub with a fountain-shaped, multi-stemmed habit once established.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Autumn, Scented, Wildlife Friendly - Bees
- On sale!