(Blue Oat Grass) An attractive and low maintenance evergreen grass, Helictotrichon sempervirens has long, thin, steel-blue leaves and grows to form a neat mound.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An attractive and low maintenance evergreen grass, Helictotrichon sempervirens has long, thin, steel-blue leaves and grows to form a neat mound. In the summer upright sprays of golden-grey flower appear, up to 80 - 100 cm tall.
Helictotrichon sempervirens is best suited for a sunny and well drained position and is reasonably drought-tolerant once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Helictotrichon sempervirens is a neat clump forming grass.
- Height: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)+
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Blue/Silver