(Blue Oat Grass) An attractive and low maintenance evergreen grass, Helictotrichon sempervirens has long, thin, steel-blue leaves and grows to form a neat mound.
Free P&P for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An attractive and low maintenance evergreen grass, Helictotrichon sempervirens has long, thin, steel-blue leaves and grows to form a neat mound. In the summer upright sprays of golden-grey flower appear, up to 80 - 100 cm tall.
Helictotrichon sempervirens is best suited for a sunny and well drained position and is reasonably drought-tolerant once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Helictotrichon sempervirens is a neat clump forming grass.
- Height: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)+
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver