Hedera helix 'Ice Cream'
(Variegated Ivy) Hedera helix 'Ice Cream' is a very unusual, slow growing, dwarf shrub with a rounded habit and heavily variegated, cream and green leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A very unusual shrub, Hedera helix 'Ice Cream' is slow growing with heavily variegated, cream and green leaves. Not a plant for impatient gardeners, the Hedera helix 'Ice Cream' in our gardens has taken approximately 10 years to reach a height of 2 - 3 ft.
Hedera helix 'Ice Cream' can also be grown as an unusual container plant if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy
- Flowering Period: October - November.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow. Not a plant for instant gratification!
- Habit: Hedera helix 'Ice Cream' grows to be a small, rounded shrub in many years.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Variegated