Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise'
(Witch Hazel) Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' is a stunning large vase-shaped shrub with spectacular bright yellow flowers in late winter once established.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
This splendid witch hazel was raised in the Arnold Arboretum, Boston, in the United States and is a little later flowering than the other cultivars listed here,with long lasting yellow flowers. The dark green leaves turn vivid shades of orange or yellow before falling in autumn.
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' is a vase-shaped, deciduous shrub or very small tree with lightly scented flowers that give excellent late winter interest. Attractive leaves and good autumn colour in October.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise' grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3.5 m (12 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Scented, To grow in a pot