Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady'
(Witch Hazel) New to us, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' has masses of eye-catching, lightly scented, dark scarlet flowers in late winter once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
New to us, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' has masses of eye-catching, lightly scented, dark scarlet flowers in late winter once established. The leaves are dark green in summer with range and red autumn tints.
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' flower best in a sunny position and requires well drained soil. Can be grown in a container if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Foxy Lady' grows to be a large branching shrub with a vase-shaped habit.
- Height: 3 - 3.5 m (10 - 12 ft).
- Spread: 3.5 m (12 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
You might also like