(Snowdrop Tree) Halesia carolina is an unusual and beautiful small tree once established with masses of delicate white snowdrop-like flowers in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A beautiful tree native to the United States, Halesia carolina has clusters of three to five, pendulous, white flowers with a golden center and delicate scent in late spring. The flowers usually appear on fairly young plants and are borne on branches of one year old wood. The leaves are dark green turning golden yellow in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Halesia carolina is a fantastic, branching flowering small tree, ideal for border planting or growing as a standalone specimen!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree with a spreading habit once established.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Halesia tetraptera.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
- On sale!