Halesia monticola 'Rosea'
(Pink-flowered Snowdrop Tree) Halesia monticola 'Rosea' is a rare selection of snowdrop tree which has masses of beautiful, hanging, pale-pink flowers in late spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Halesia monticola 'Rosea' is a rare selection of snowdrop tree which has masses of beautiful, hanging, pale-pink flowers in late spring. The flowers form on year old branches and are really very elegant, standing out well against the attractive, dark green leaves.
Halesia monticola 'Rosea' is an exciting and tasteful tree once established, suitable for planting in small gardens or woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Halesia monticola 'Rosea' is a small branching tree once established.
- Height: Eventually up to 8 m (26 ft) in many years.
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: As a rough guide to its eventual size, a specimen of Halesia monticola 'Rosea' planted in the woodland surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 2.5 m (8 ft) and a spread of 2 m (6 ft) after about 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Rare and Unusual