Ginkgo biloba 'Horizontalis'
(Spreading Maidenhair Tree) Horizontally growing shrub with a very flat habit, Ginkgo biloba 'Horizontalis' looks great when allowed to arch out over a slope or low wall.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Horizontally growing shrub with a very flat habit, Ginkgo biloba 'Horizontalis' looks great when allowed to arch out over a slope or low wall.
This Ginkgo is suitable for growing in a large container and has occasional straight, upright shoots which can be pruned out to preserve the prostrate habit. If these taller shoots are left to become established, they create an intriguing umbrella effect as the plant grows.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a low, spreading habit and arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Horizontalis' grows well in dry, urban environments and is a superb tree for a town garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like