Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata'
(Fastigiate Maidenhair Tree) A very narrow male tree, Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata' has cool green leaves which turn a clear yellow in autumn before falling.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A very narrow male tree, Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata' has cool green leaves which turn a clear yellow in autumn before falling. This is often used in street plantings both in Britain and abroad and there are many spectacular specimens lining the streets of inner London!
Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata' is a handsome tree for small gardens, as the narrow habit takes up little garden space.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow growing initially, moderate once settled down.
- Habit: Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata' grows to be a medium sized tree with a very narrow, upright habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata' grows well in dry, urban environments and is a superb tree for a town garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant