Fuchsia magellanica 'Lady Bacon'
(Hardy Fuchsia) Fuchsia magellanica 'Lady Bacon' is an unusual, small to medium sized shrub with masses of white, pink & violet flowers in late summer and early autumn.
(Hardy Fuchsia) A small or medium sized shrub with very attractive, slim, white, pink & violet flowers in late summer and early autumn. These flowers stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Fuchsia magellanica 'Lady Bacon' is reasonably hardy and can survive outside through the winter, although it would appreciate a sunny position sheltered from strong, cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Fuchsia magellanica 'Lady Bacon' may suffer from some die back after exceptionally cold weather.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: White, pink & violet
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized, rounded shrub once established.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: Fuchsia magellanica 'Lady Bacon' plant can be pruned back hard, to reduce the end size if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn