Euphorbia 'John Phillips'
(Spurge) Euphorbia 'John Phillips' is a handsome semi-evergreen, medium sized herbaceous shrub with bold dark green leaves and a rounded habit once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Euphorbia 'John Phillips' is a handsome semi-evergreen, medium sized herbaceous shrub with bold dark green leaves and a rounded habit once established. The leaves develop purple and red tints in winter and may fall in very cold conditions. Clusters of yellow-bronze flowers with a sweet honey-like scent in late Spring/Summer.
Euphorbia 'John Phillips' is most suitable ro a position in sun or light, dappled shade with shelter from strong winds. Avoid very cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Euphorbia 'John Phillips' is a medium sized rounded shrub, possibly slightly larger in mild, sheltered areas.
- Height: 125 - 150 cm (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 125 - 150 cm (4 - 5 ft)
- Notes: The sap of Euphorbia can be a skin irritant. Wear gloves when planting or pruning. Do not eat!!
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large (1.2m+), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Scented