(Cushion Spurge) Also known as Euphorbia epithymoides, this is a distinctive perennial which has masses of bright acid yellow-green flowers in late spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Also known as Euphorbia epithymoides, this is a distinctive perennial which has masses of bright acid yellow-green flowers in late spring. The leaves are dark green in colour when they emerge. Dies back to the ground each autumn and comes back again the following Spring.
When planted in small groups it can be used to create a 'carpet' effect that can be very attractive in a woodland setting
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Euphorbia polychroma is a small mound forming perennial.
- Height: 40 - 60 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: The sap of Euphorbia can be a skin irritant. Wear gloves when planting or pruning. Do not eat!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot