Euonymus alatus 'Compactus'
(Dwarf Winged Spindle or Burning Bush) Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' is a slow growing, densely branching small shrub with green summer leaves and vivid red autumn colours.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A popular dwarf cultivar, Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' has cool green summer leaves and shimmering, bright red autumn colour. The corky wings on the stems are still evident, but less prominent than those on a standard Euonymus alatus.
A small shrub with exceptional autumn colour!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' grows to be a small, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: Although Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' does produce ornamental fruit, Euonymus phellomanus or Euonymus planipes are a much better choice if you require a fruiting Euonymus rather than autumn colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge