Enkianthus campanulatus 'Pagoda'
A very handsome medium sized, deciduous shrub most suitable for acid or lime-free soils with dark green leaves and clusters of bell-like cream to pinkish-red flowers in early summer. Established plants develop a fetching semi-tiered habit.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A very handsome medium sized, deciduous shrub most suitable for acid or lime-free soils with dark green leaves and clusters of bell-like cream to pinkish-red flowers in early summer. Known for its superb autumn colour, the leaves turn shades of red, purple and gold before falling in autumn.
Enkianthus campanulatus 'Pagoda' generally grows best in the same areas as Rhododendrons as they both enjoy acid or lime free soil. A charming, low-maintenance garden plant. Can be grown well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist - well drained, acid to neutral soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Enkianthus campanulatus 'Pagoda' may require protection from very late spring frost in cold exposed areas.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Enkianthus campanulatus 'Pagoda' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large branching shrub with a semi-tiered habit.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural