(Alpine Wood Fern) Dryopteris wallichiana is a hardy fern native to many parts of the world including the Himalayas, which has upright, bright green fronds with dark stems.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Dryopteris wallichiana is a hardy fern native to many parts of the world including the Himalayas, which has upright, bright green fronds with dark stems. These fronds are particularly attractive as they start to unfurl in spring.
Dryopteris wallichiana is tough and ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris wallichiana grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 80 - 100 cm (2½ - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot
You might also like