(Alpine Wood Fern) Dryopteris wallichiana is a hardy fern native to many parts of the world including the Himalayas, which has upright, bright green fronds with dark stems.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Dryopteris wallichiana is a hardy fern native to many parts of the world including the Himalayas, which has upright, bright green fronds with dark stems. These fronds are particularly attractive as they start to unfurl in spring.
Dryopteris wallichiana is tough and ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris wallichiana grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 80 - 100 cm (2½ - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Unusual Shape