Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee'
(Bush Honeysuckle) A compact, bushy small to medium sized shrub, Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' has handsome golden summer leaves and summer flowers which are very attractive to bees and butterflies.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' is a hardy small, densely branching shrub with soft golden leaves and clusters of yellow flowers in summer which are very popular with bees and butterflies.
Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' is a tough and fairly drought resistant flowering shrub, excellent for attracting insects and butterflies to the garden! Grows well in a large container if required.
- Position: Full Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' is very tolerant of dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Sulphur yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Diervilla rivularis ''Honeybee'grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft).
- Spread: 1.2 m (4 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like