Dicentra spectabilis 'Alba'
(Bleeding heart) Similar to the classic species, Dicentra spectabilis 'Alba' has white, pendant, flowers in late spring / early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Similar to the classic species, Dicentra spectabilis 'Alba' has white, pendant, flowers in late spring / early summer. The leaves are mid green in colour.
Dicentra spectabilis 'Alba' grows well in either full sun or light dappled shade and generally enjoys a moist soil. They do not enjoy having disturbed roots and so once planted should be left to their own devices.
Young plants may require staking in windy gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dicentra spectabilis 'Alba' grows to be a clump forming perennial with arching flower stems.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 40 cm (1 ½ ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)