(Grignon Hawthorn) Unusual in the UK, Crataegus grignonensis is a hybrid hawthorn growing to be a handsome small, vase-shaped tree with masses of dark red fruit which last until the winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Unusual in the UK, Crataegus grignonensis is a hybrid hawthorn growing to be a handsome small, vase-shaped tree with masses of dark red fruit which last until the winter. The stems usually have few thorns and the foliage colour is mid green.
Best fruit display if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade. Shelter from strong winds.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus grignonensis grows to be a small branching, vase-shaped tree.
- Height: Eventually up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Rare and Unusual
- On sale!