Crataegus x lavallei 'Carrieri'
(Hybrid Cockspur Thorn) Crataegus x lavallei 'Carrieri' grows to be a small handsome tree with glossy, dark green leaves in summer which turn beautiful shades of crimson and bronze in the autumn time before falling.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Crataegus x lavallei 'Carrieri' has glossy, dark green leaves in spring and summer which turn beautiful shades of crimson and bronze in the autumn time before falling. This unusual small tree is a cross between Crataegus crusgalli and Crataegus stipulacea.
In late spring, large clusters of pretty white flowers appear, which are followed by long lasting, bright red and orange fruit that can stay on the tree until December in a good year. Both the flowers and the fruit are very striking against the dark green foliage.
Although tolerant of some shade the best autumn colour and fruit display will be seen if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus x lavallei 'Carrieri' grows to be a small branching tree with a stately appearance once established.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Autumn Colour, Wildlife Friendly - Birds, Rare and Unusual