Crataegus viridis 'Winter King'
(Southern Thorn) Native to the South-east United States, Crataegus viridis 'Winter King' is a handsome small tree with clusters of white flowers in spring followed by masses of bright orange-red fruit in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to the South-east United States, Crataegus viridis 'Winter King' is a handsome small tree with clusters of white flowers in spring followed by masses of bright orange-red fruit in autumn. The mid green summer leaves develop good red, orange and gold tints in autumn before falling. Established plants develop flaking silvery bark.
Crataegus viridis 'Winter King'will produce its best displays of berries and autumn colour if planted in a position with plenty of sunlight.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus viridis 'Winter King' grows to be a small, rounded tree once established.
- Height: Eventually 5 m (16 ft) - 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Fruit - Ornamental
- On sale!