Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud'
(Hawthorn) A handsome tough tree, Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' has masses of dark pinkish-red flowers with a white center in spring.
A handsome tough tree, Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' has masses of dark pinkish-red flowers with a white center in spring. This colourful display of flowers is followed by small dark red fruit later in the year which are popular with birds. The leaves are dark green in colour.
Best display of flowers and berries will be seen if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Dark pinkish-red & white.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' grows to be a very small branching, rounded tree once established.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Rare and Unusual, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Wildlife Friendly - Birds