Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn'
(Hawthorn) An interesting rare hawthorn, Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small tree with large red berries in the autumn and very long thorns.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An interesting, rare selection, Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small tree with large red berries in the autumn and very long thorns.
Although not instant gratification the long thorns make this an excellent barrier tree once established.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil including dry areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small rounded tree once established.
- Height: Eventually up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like