Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn'
(Hawthorn) An interesting rare hawthorn, Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small tree with large red berries in the autumn and very long thorns.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An interesting, rare selection, Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small tree with handsome large red berries in the autumn and very long thorns. The dark green leaves have orange and yellow autumn tints before falling.
Although not instant gratification the long thorns make this an excellent barrier tree once established.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil including dry areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crataegus succulenta 'Long Thorn' grows to be a small rounded tree once established.
- Height: Eventually up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Rare and Unusual
- On sale!