Cotoneaster frigidus 'Cornubia'
(Evergreen Cotoneaster Tree) Cotoneaster frigidus 'Cornubia' was raised at the Rothschild Exbury estate before 1933 and remains one of the finest small, semi-evergreen trees.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Cotoneaster frigidus 'Cornubia' was raised at the Rothschild Exbury estate before 1933 and remains one of the finest small, semi-evergreen trees. It has pretty white flowers in early to mid summer followed by enormous crops of eye-catching, bright red berries later in the year, even on quite young plants.
A small tree once established, Cotoneaster frigidus 'Cornubia' is also very useful for screening as it is densely branching and can be pruned to size if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cotoneaster frigidus 'Cornubia' grows to be a very large shrub or small branching tree once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Cotoneaster x watereri 'Cornubia'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Screening/Hedge
- On sale!