(Ground cover Cotoneaster) An uncommon creeping shrub, Cotoneaster astrophoros is evergreen and forms a compact mat, studded with white, star-like flowers in spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An uncommon weeping shrub, Cotoneaster astrophoros is evergreen and forms a compact mat, studded with white, star-like flowers in spring. These pretty flowers are followed by masses of beautiful, shiny red fruit in autumn.
This plant is more slow growing than Cotoneaster dammeri 'Coral Beauty' and nearly every garden has room for one or more, whether trailing over the edge of a stone trough or container or growing over a low wall. Can be planted in groups for ground cover.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Cotoneaster astrophoros grows to be a trailing, spreading ground cover plant..
- Height: 20 - 30 cm (up to 1 ft).
- Spread: 75 - 100 cm (up to 3 ft).
- Notes: This plant was formerly called Cotoneaster x 'Teulon Porter'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers