(Tibetan Cotoneaster) A handsome small to medium sized shrub which can be found growing in Tibet, Cotoneaster cuspidatus has masses of large, shiny red fruit in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome small to medium sized shrub which can be found growing in Tibet, Cotoneaster cuspidatus has masses of large, shiny red fruit in autumn. The leaves are dark green, glossy and this is a semi-evergreen species meaning that in cold winters the leaves will fall and give an attractive display of red, purple and orange-gold autumn colour.
Cotoneaster cuspidatus is a distinctive garden shrub with colourful berries suitable for growing in a large container or for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, spreading shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Cotoneaster cuspidatus is a tough, low maintenance, easy to grow garden plant.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Screening/Hedge