Cornus kousa 'Tri Splendour'
(Variegated Flowering Dogwood) New to us, Cornus kousa 'Tri Splendour' is a beautiful large shrub or eventually very small tree with colourful golden and cream variegated leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Cornus kousa 'Tri Splendour' is a beautiful large shrub or eventually very small tree with colourful golden and cream variegated leaves. The leaves develop good red and orange autumn colours before falling. Masses of creamy white flower bracts in early summer once established.
Most suitable for a position in sun or dappled shade. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Tri Splendour' grows to be a vase-shaped large shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Tri Splendour' is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, Rare and Unusual, To grow in a pot
- On sale!