Cornus kousa 'Bultinck's Giant Flower'
(Flowering Dogwood) An unusual flowering dogwood, Cornus kousa 'Bultinck's Giant Flower' has attractive white flower bracts (sometimes tinged with pink as they age) similar to those of 'China Girl' but a little larger usually.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual flowering dogwood, Cornus kousa 'Bultinck's Giant Flower' has attractive white flower bracts (sometimes tinged with pink as they age) similar to those of 'China Girl' but a little larger usually. Has a compact, upright habit with dark green leaves developing orange/purple/red tints before they fall in autumn.
Best flower display once established if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'Bultinck's Giant Flower' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Bultinck's Giant Flower' grows to be a compact large shrub in the short term or eventually small tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Architectural, To grow in a pot
- On sale!