- Sold Out
Cornus kousa 'Wieting's Select'
(Flowering Dogwood) Cornus kousa 'Wieting's Select' is grown for its handsome bright red autumn colours and abundance of creamy white, summer flower bracts.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
Cornus kousa 'Wieting's Select' is grown for its handsome bright red autumn colours and abundance of creamy white, summer flower bracts. These flower bracts turn pink before they fall and are around 4 - 5 cm in diameter, appearing in great numbers on an established plant.
A large shrub or eventually small tree with an upright growing habit and sweeping branches once established. Excellent for summer flower bracts and autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white turning pink before they fall.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Wieting's Select' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Wieting's Select' is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual