Cornus mas 'Variegata'
(Variegated Cornelian Cherry) An unusual and attractive selection of Cornus mas with delightful, cream edged, grey-green leaves and vibrant, bright yellow flowers in early spring.
An unusual and attractive selection of Cornus mas with delightful, cream edged, grey-green leaves and vibrant, bright yellow flowers in early spring. These flowers are followed by large, rounded, bright red fruit later in the year which contrast beautifully with the colourful leaves!
Cornus mas 'Variegata' grows slowly into a large shrub or eventually a very small branching tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: February.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Cornus mas 'Variegata' grows to be a large, branching shrub or very small tree.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Winter, Flowers in Spring, Foliage - Variegated, Rare and Unusual