Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Pendula'
(Nootka Cypress) An evergreen tree native to North America, Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Pendula' is very striking with elegant cascades of flattened, soft-green foliage.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An evergreen tree native to North America, Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Pendula' is very striking with elegant cascades of flattened, soft-green foliage. We find that they do best when grown on a cane for the first few years to support the main leader.
This can then be removed once the tree is more mature. A superb bonsai plant and a handsome specimen garden tree!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized tree with a slender, pyramidal, weeping habit.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: The elegant weeping habit gives Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Pendula' excellent winter interest once established.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping
You might also like