(Himalayan Mint Plant) A showy shrub native to the grassland of the Himalayas and Western China known for its soft, downy grey-green leaves with a whitish underside and vivid whorls of orange-scarlet flowers in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Colquhounia coccinea is a showy shrub native to the grassland of the Himalayas and Western China known for its soft, downy grey-green leaves with a whitish underside and vivid whorls of orange-scarlet flowers in summer.
These flowers are particularly eye-catching against the nearly silvery leaves and Colquhounia coccinea will grow to be a fantastic border shrub with an open but reasonably upright habit.
Colquhounia coccinea is best in a sunny, warm garden where it will enjoy the warmth.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. In the U.K. Colquhounia coccinea grows best against a south facing wall or fence. After a hard frost, it can die back, but usually regrows in late spring or early summer.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Orange-scarlet
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized to large branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Please also note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Colquhounia coccinea which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00