Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red'
(Vine) A fantastic climber, Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' has green leaves in summer which turn gorgeous shades of glowing red in autumn before falling.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A fantastic climber, Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' has green leaves in summer which turn gorgeous shades of glowing red in autumn before falling. This is a vigorous climber, best in a position with some space to grow and a specimen in our woodland gardens has covered a young 20ft tall Pine tree after five or six years.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Pruning should be carried out in winter when the plants are dormant if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like