(Crimson Glory Vine) Spectacular and vigorous climber with lovely autumn colour which can be found in the wild growing through trees in the forests of Japan and Korea.
Supplied Size: 2L pots (approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Spectacular and vigorous climber with lovely autumn colour which can be found in the wild growing through trees in the forests of Japan and Korea. Vitis coignetiae has very large (up to 30 cm across), dark green leaves which turn glowing, rich-red and amber in autumn.
Vitis coignetiae requires a large amount of space and generally looks best when allowed to ramble through an old tree or over an old building, wall or fence!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: A very large climbing plant, Vitis coignetiae will require support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 20 m (65 ft)
- Spread: Approx 10 m (32 ft)
- Pruning: Prune Vitis coignetiae to shape or to reduce size in winter/early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Screening/Hedge
You might also like