Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Ra'
(Golden-leaved Katsura Tree) New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Ra' is grows to be a rounded branching large shrub r eventually very small tree with lovely orange tinted young leaves in spring turning soft golden-green in summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Ra' is grows to be a rounded branching large shrub r eventually very small tree with lovely orange tinted young leaves in spring turning soft golden-green in summer. Vibrant yellow and orange autumn colour depending on soil PH.
With the golden leaf colour Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Ra' is most suitable for a position in light dappled or partial shade to avoid the risk of the leaves scorching in a hot summer.
- Position: Sheltered area in light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Ra' grows to be a a large bushy shrub in the short term (5 - 10 years) or eventually a small rounded tree.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 14 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Scented, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Rare and Unusual