Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Heronswood Globe'
(Dwarf Katsura Tree) A beautiful plant, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Heronswood Globe' is an unusual dwarf selection of katsura tree with glorious creamy-yellow to pink autumn colour.
Pruned to 60 - 80 cm tall to promote a branching, multi-stemmed habit once established. Not for instant gratification.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A relatively recent introduction to the UK, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Heronswood Globe' is an unusual dwarf selection of katsura tree raised in America with glorious creamy-yellow to pink autumn colour.
As the leaves fall from the tree late in the year, they give off an aroma similar to burnt sugar or candy floss. An ideal choice of tree for autumn colour in smaller gardens where a traditional Cercidiphyllum might be to large!
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Generally slow growing initially then moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Heronswood Globe' grows to be a small tree with a bushy, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Habit - Architectural