Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Rotfuchs'
(Columnar Katsura Tree) A narrow tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Rotfuchs' has leaves which are deep purple when they emerge in spring, gradually turning glaucous blue as the year progresses.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Columnar Katsura Tree) A narrow tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Rotfuchs' has leaves which are deep purple when they emerge in spring, gradually turning glaucous blue as the year progresses. Established plants can have lovely creamy yellow/orange autumn colour.
It has a very narrow, upright habit and it is said when mature to resemble a foxes tail (the name 'Rotfuchs' means 'Red Fox' in German). The narrow habit makes this a good choice of Cercidiphyllum for smaller gardens.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Rotfuchs' grows to be a small tree with a narrow, upright habit.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Rotfuchs' is notably resistant to honey fungus!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £47.50New Price Each £16.95New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £18.00
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £12.95