Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Boyd's Dwarf'
Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Boyd's Dwarf' is a superb small tree with an elegant arching habit and heart-shaped leaves which turn yellow or golden-orange in autumn before falling.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Dwarf Katsura tree) A rare, dwarf selection of Katsura tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Boyd's Dwarf' has a compact, branching habit and attractive yellow or golden-orange autumn colour.
As the leaves fall from the tree late in the year, they give off an aroma similar to burnt sugar or candy floss. An ideal choice of tree for autumn colour in smaller gardens where a traditional Cercidiphyllum might be to large!.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Boyd's Dwarf' grows to be a small tree with a bushy, rounded crown.
- Height: Eventually up to 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like