(Hardy Plumbago) A beautiful and delicate, small shrub with blue flowers which is found growing wild in the Himalayas, south-east Asia and east Africa.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful and delicate, small shrub with blue flowers which is found growing wild in the Himalayas, south-east Asia and east Africa. Ceratostigma willmottianum has intense blue flowers from July until early autumn and the delicate leaves are apple green, tinted red and purple in autumn before falling. Ideal for growing in a container or planting in a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Ceratostigma willmottianum grows best in a warm, sunny spot and requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread:1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Ceratostigma willmottianum can be grown very successfully in a large container or pot.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual