(Giant Scabious) A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers. Very good as part of an informal flowering border. Grows best in a position with sun or light, dappled shade in a moist or well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or very light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cephalaria gigantea grows to be a large, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 150 - 200 cm (approx 5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowering in Summer, Habit - Architectural